Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Last Day at Denbigh

Today was Lucas' last day at Denbigh Under Fives in Notting Hill. He was there for only one year but Lucas will always remember Denbigh as his first school. He loved all his teachers especially Eun-Hee and made strong friendships, especially with Benjamin. Lucas learned the routines of the school so much that when I went to visit one day, during fruit time he took out an extra bowl for me and filled it with fruit to give to me.
As a special treat today, since it was Lucas' last day, I brought popsicles for all the kids. It's been extra warm in London so it was the perfect weather. Afterwards, I had a parent-teacher meeting to talk about Lucas' progress this year. Eun-Hee and Liliana told me how Lucas loves to pick flowers and give it to them. It was a coincidence because after our meeting, Lucas gave them each a bouquet of flowers.
I've been telling Lucas that it's his last day of school today for the last week, as well as prepping him for our move back in September. As we pulled out the driveway at school we said goodbye to all his friends who were waving from the garden. In the car, Lucas said, "We're going to a new school.".
As we say goodbye to Denbigh, we're excited for Lucas to start a new adventure back in California at his new school.

No comments:

Post a Comment